On a recent summer holiday, I noticed the number of holiday makers really making the most of their leisure time by lazying around more than enough, sipping cocktails by the side of the pool, power napping and generally restricting their daily movement to levels way below their their normal daily energy.
Sick of studying at home or in the same place over and over again? Well, we’ve come up with some great places of where to study if you’re feeling a bit adventurous.
Australian College is a leading provider of blended delivery (campus based and online training), courses. From 2016 we have been offering an array of campus based courses in our brand new facility, here at Surry Hills, Sydney.
Next Upcoming Fitness Courses:
Our campus based Intensives are offered as either Full Time (day time) or Part Time (evenings), please download your brochure for details on all course structures and courses dates throughout the year, or see below for upcoming course dates:
- Full-Time campus-based Certificate III in Fitness Intensive (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5pm)Next Intake Dates: 20th June 2016 (filling fast)
- Part-Time campus-based Certificate III in Fitness Intensive (Monday-Tuesday 6-8pm + 2 x Saturday pracs 10.30-4pm)Next Intake Dates: 20th June 2016 (filling fast)Â
- NEW Course “â Braddon, Canberra ACT. Full-Time campus-based Certificate III in Fitness Intensive (Monday-Friday 9:30am-5pm)Next Intake Dates: 11/7/2016
* The campus based intensives complement your online and skills based program delivery
60 BlogsÂ available as an eBook, if you refer a person to our Cert III or Cert IV in Fitness Courses.
Dr Paul Batman has written 60 blogs (500 – 1,500 words each), on fitness and health related issues (like the two above), ranging from muscle fibre recruitment to sedentary behaviour and optimal methods of weight loss. These blogs are suitable for personal trainers to read and discuss and to hand out as information sheets for their clients.Â If a student, you refer* enrols in either a Cert III or Cert IV in Fitness course and names you as their referral we will send you an eBook of all 60 blogs for you to read and/or to give out to your clients. Additionally, or if you like simply remain subscribed to our newsletter and you will receive several blogs a month for your own use. Enjoy 🙂
“F45 is the revolutionary training system changing lives around the globe. Born in Australia, this phenomenal system is now spreading through continents like wildfire. A team training facility in which members are challenged everyday. Experience different training movements, exercises and timing to achieve incredible results and have fun with colleagues.
With the blend of business acumen and PT genius, F45 has all the systems, structure and controls in place. F45 is a cult; it has to be experienced to believe. So much so, the brand has now trained Ricky Martin, Joel Madden, and Nicole Richie to name a few…”
Braddon, Canberra ACT
The boys are back…….Dr Paul Batman and Andrew Richardson (former owners and founders of FIA), are now back lecturing in the fitness industry.Â Paul and Andrew will now head a new academic faculty of Fitness Professionals, delivering Certificate III and IV in Fitness, at their recently renovated Surry Hills campus (see more info below), in Sydney.
Having trained over 30,000 Personal Trainers over the last 20+ years and after a short break,Â in which time they were involved in various independent research/study pursuits, they are now back and have developed all new course materials for the Certificate III and IV in Fitness, based on the latest “cutting edge research”Â.Â Their intention is to offer a high quality educational program that will see graduates entering the fitness industry, with not only the skills but the latest underpinning knowledge, required to perform their role as a fitness professional.
The new Australian College – Fitness (ACF) courses will offer the latest information based on fitness research and will include the newest exercise prescription guidelines available.
Australian College is the first private RTO to have the newest government training package added to their scope and has developed a unique online learning platform (CREATINE), allowing students to not only attend campus based lectures, you will also be given comprehensive lectures with audio and handouts for each and every lecture and more importantly “â you will be able ask any question and gain comprehensive answers, directly from the authors, lecturers and tutors for the course.
Additionally, as you are completing these courses you will be provided with access to comprehensive readings and many other learning resources for each and every unit, which can simply downloaded to mobile devices and/or as pdfs and continually used throughout your professional career.
VET Fee Help in Fitness…….. Fitness Professionals Beware!
In the fitness industry there are some training providers who are now advertising entry-level Diploma courses in Fitness that are VET FEE Help funded. They imply that to enter the fitness industry as a practising professional that the Diploma is the qualification required and most sought after.Â The truth is that to be registered as a Personal Trainer, which is the highest level of registration with the peak body Fitness Australia, a Certificate III in Fitness and Certificate IV in Fitness are the registration requirements, not a Diploma.
There is no need to enrol in one of these expensive Diplomas that qualify for VET FEE Help at a cost in excess of $15,000 when the entry level requirement by the fitness industry is a Certificate III and Certificate IV in Fitness which should cost no more than $4,000.Â It makes little sense to enrol in a Diploma in an area of fitness where there is no vocational outcome and at a cost that is ridiculously in excess of the legitimate industry entry-level course costs. Take a look at our other blogs on VET Fee Help.
For your own benefit be vigilant by checking your course costs and comparing them to other course providers and ask your education training provider is there an interest free 12 months period over which you could pay off your course fee.Â In the long term you will pay only a fraction of the VET FEE Help course fees that are currently being asked. Remember the quality of VET course you enrol in is not based on inflated course tuition fees or celebratory endorsements.
Australian College – Fitness charges $2,900 for a nationally accredited combined Certificate III in Fitness and Certificate IV in Fitness and $2,675 for the Diploma of Leadership and Management (Fitness Entrepreneur).Â Australian College also offers a 12 months interest free period to pay off your course fees and does not require you to apply for a VET FEE Help student loan.
- Permanent role in Australia’s largest weight management company
- Located in Ultimo, near Broadway Shopping Centre and public transport
- Collaborative team and work environment
Food & Nutrition CoordinatorÂ
Weight Watchers are the global leader in weight management, with a program that is scientifically proven to be the most successful solution in the market. Our vision is to change people’s relationship with people for good, helping them to get health and lost weight in a sustainable way which can be done through many different channels including Group Coaching, Online Coaching, 1 on 1 Coaching and Phone Coaching. Our business is extremely diverse and also has significant revenue streams via licensing deals, publishing arrangements, Online and shopping centre retail.
We are currently going through a major global transformation which includes innovating all aspects of our offering to become a customer centric organisation and there is significant work being undertaken to continue to improve customer experience and deliver new propositions to market.
With input from our global workforce, we have created a new culture ofÂ Think Differently, Get Things DoneÂ andÂ Win TogetherÂ “â and we bring this culture to life in everything we do.
As our Food Database Coordinator, your primary responsibility would be to manage our internal food databases which are the foundation for all of our publications including the WW Magazine, our cookbooks,Â SMARTPOINTSÂ guides, Program material and our online program and mobile apps.
- Upgrade and maintenance of our food and recipe databases including liaising with food manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and Quick Service Restaurants (QSRs) to request nutritional data on their food products
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy in our databases.
- Work closely with our US team and global database administrators in other markets
- Liaise with off shore team for data entry
- Review excel template work completed by nutrition interns prior to submission for offshore data entry
- Liaise with the Food and Nutrition Manager for final check of nutrition information across food range and recipe approval.
- Carry out regular data integrity report to pick up inconsistencies.
- Design a work flow which minimizes the risk of errors.
- Work closelyÂ with the Food and Nutrition Manager to communicate any food data updates,
- Assist in approval of WW Foods NPD briefs and final packaging artwork
- Participating in various food and nutrition related projects Supporting our Customer Care team to answer consumer queries, which are relating to the SmartPoints value of foods
To be successful in this role you have:
- At least 12 months experience as a high level user of relational databases
- Good background and understanding in food science and nutrition and associated nutrition qualifications
- Very high attention to detail is essential
- Well-developed computer skills, in particular MS Access, excel and good understanding of relational databases.
- Fitness qualifications will beÂ highly regarded.
- This role represents an excellent opportunity to gain experience with a global organisation that will welcome and support your ideas and efforts.
Ready to apply
Does this sound like the role for you? Please apply using the button below and ensure you include a cover letter along with your resume – applications will close at 5pm on Friday 3rd June 2016.