Say goodbye to work-life balance and try integrating your work and life instead! Many people have struggled to achieve balance but failed miserably so it’s now considered a myth. Aside from being unrealistic, it’s also known to be too subjective because its definition depends on the individual’s personal feelings and circumstance. One’s priorities also extremely affect how balance is construed. Attempting to attain the so-called balance has become a debilitating chore when it was supposed to be a solution to all our problems.
The term work-life integration started to make waves in 2017. Integration is all about not separating work from your personal life but learning how to connect the two instead. It’s quite radical but it quickly became the new norm because it’s a trendier, more fitting and exciting alternative for those who aim to succeed in their careers and daily private life activities.
W-L integration: the 21st-century formula for success
The flexibility offered by the W-L integration concept is ideal and definitely feasible. It can work well for those who are juggling a lot of things at the same time such as kids, work, social life, education, and all other activities on the to-do list. Here are some suggestions on how to make it work for you:
- Plan well. Know your priorities and list them down starting from the most important down to the least important.
- Know your boundaries. Know when to unplug yourself from job responsibilities. You also need to recharge in order to be more efficient so you can work smarter, not harder.
- Consider change. You don’t have to perfectly execute the W-L concept to make it work. If you see a bottleneck, consider making some changes, adjust as you go and be ready to rebound quickly!
- Self-discipline. Distractions are everywhere and sometimes hard to avoid. It’s so easy to get sidetracked and be tempted to procrastinate but no matter what, try your best to control your desires and impulses and stay focused.
Self-care. Look after yourself. This should always be a part of your agenda. It’s not just about having bubble baths, getting an 8-hour sleep or spending a day at the spa. Self-care should also encompass overall health and mental well-being, good hygiene and responsible intake of food and medication.
- Healthy attitude. Having a positive mindset is very important. If this is practiced every day, you will be able to create an excellent culture and environment where you can consistently thrive. Another benefit of having a bright attitude is that you can set a good example for the people around you and perhaps, you can share this concept with them as well.
It’s time for a fresh start!
Study a nationally accredited and professional course and get 20% off* your online course.