“I always wanted to be someone better the next day than I was the day before.”Â “â¢ Sidney Poitier
To build an extraordinary life of your dreams, you need to develop daily positive routines. Being positive and staying that way can be a real challenge especially when you experience difficulties, failures, and uncertainties but don’t let this stop you from achieving excellence and greatness.
It could take a great deal of motivation to get things done day in and day out. Working to become your best self should not be perceived as a burden but as a great opportunity. Rest if you feel tired but continue to fight the uphill battles. Don’t stop no matter what!
Get ready to level up your life by practicing these high-performance habits:
- Start the day by getting a nice dose of negative ions, they create positive vibes and are actually great for your health! Try to recall what you have learned from your Chemistry class – negative ions produce biochemical reactions that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin that helps alleviate depression and stress. You can get negative ions from moving air and water. Boost your mood and pump the positivity by getting a hot shower or go for a walk in the park.
- Cultivate and maintain an attitude of gratitude. There are a lot of benefits that come with gratitude – it can shift your perception and change how you see the world. So from now on, start taking note of the things that you are grateful for.
- Develop and enhance your soft skills to help you in your career as well as to successfully navigate through life. These are practical skills that characterise how you deal with other people, respond to challenges and manage emotions. Some examples include interpersonal and communication skills, strategic and problem-solving skills, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Never cut corners. This undesirable behaviour is characterised by skipping steps that are important to a task in order to complete it much quicker than normal. According to research, people who frequently do this are more impulsive, undisciplined, non-conforming and they tend to be morally compromised. Although there are people that have achieved good outcomes by making shortcuts, their actions may result in harsh consequences that’s why this is highly discouraged.
- Always look on the bright side. Life can be tough but don’t lose sight of the light at the end of the tunnel. Believe that you will eventually reap the rewards of your productivity and hard work. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, put your game face on and never give up!
Be the best version of yourself!
Study a Nationally Recognised or Personal Development online course & get 20% off* your course.