SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness
Get started on a rewarding career in personal training
ON SALE NOW, SAVE 20%*
* Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Why Study With Us?
Learn at your own pace, in your own time
Gain a nationally recognised qualification to jump-start your future
Flexible payment options available
|Qualification gained||Certificate IV in Fitness|
|Study mode||Flexible delivery (including online with some projects/activities and/or skills-based training).|
|Flexible duration||Up to 18 months|
|Start date||Start anytime|
|Delivery Methods||This course is delivered using an asynchronous study methodology, utilising mainly online delivery (eLearning) of training materials supported with emails and phone calls with the trainer and assessor, on request.|
|Assessment method||Short Answer Questions, Case-Studies, Audio/Video (role-plays) and Workplace Practical Activities|
|Course units||SISFFIT049 Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
SISFFIT053 Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
SISFFIT050 Support exercise behaviour change
SISFFIT051 Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
CHCCOM006 Establish and manage client relationships
BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
BSBESB402 Establish legal and risk management requirements of new business ventures
BSBXTW301 Work in a team
BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes
BSBESB401 Research and develop business plans
SISFFIT041 Develop personalised exercise programs
SISFFIT042 Instruct personalised exercise sessions
SISFFIT043 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
SISSFIT044 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients SISFFIT045 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
SISXCAI009 Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
SISXCAI010 Develop strength and conditioning programs
|Career opportunities||Fitness Studio Manager, Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer|
To enrol in this course, you must hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate. You must also provide evidence that you have previously attained the following units of competency, or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT040 Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 Provide healthy eating information
Australian College requires that you:
- Be competent in spoken and written English
- Successfully complete an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) review, prior to commencment
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Have an internet-enabled PC/Laptop or similar running a current operating system (E.g Windows 10 or Mac OSX) with a functional webcam for use while undertaking assessments, Microsoft Office (or compatible software)a current web browser (e.g., Chrome)and Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF document viewer
- Have a functional webcam or other device for recording and uploading audio-video of your role-plays and other practical activities
- Be prepared to review additional reading materials and online textbooks that are provided throughout the course.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
This course is not available to students on an Overseas Student Visa.
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, ‘Overseas students’ are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
Before $4000 Now only $3200 **
PAYMENT OPTION 1 – $1400 now, $1400 in a week 2, $400 in week 3
PAYMENT OPTION 2 – $300 deposit then $50 weekly = $3600
PAYMENT OPTION 3 – Customise your own payment plan here.
**20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Upon successful completion of this course, students may wish to gain higher general business qualifications by enrolling in BSB50120 Diploma of Business
Get a further $200 off* your course!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
You Could Earn While You Learn
Traineeships with Australian College
Combine employment and training in order to gain a nationally recognised qualification.
Take your next step
We love getting reviews from our students. We pride ourselves on ensuring our students feel supported and happy whilst studying with us.