9am - 5pm AEST
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously. Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
There is a mandatory work placement requirement of 160 hours (minimum) to complete this course. Students are provided with the required documents to support their Work Placement.
The work placement hours must be in an Australian regulated education and care service, which would include long day care, family day care, preschools/kindergartens, occasional care and mobile.
Although Australian College will support students, it is the responsibility of the student to find a suitable work place and obtain approval from Australian College for that workplace, before they commence any workplacement activities.
- Childcare Worker
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 24 x $100.00 weekly = $2,700.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
*You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area and submit a copy of your certification to Australian College.
No formal entry requirements.
Australian College requires students:
- Are competent in spoken and written English
- Successfully complet an Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) review prior to acceptence of their application for enrolment
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Have an internet-enabled PC/Laptop or similar running a current operating system (E.g Windows 10 or Mac OSX) with a functional webcam or device for recording audio/video, Microsoft Office (or compatible software)a current web browser (e.g., Chrome)and Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF document viewer
- Have a valid email address
Note: Additional reading materials and required textbooks may be used throughout the course.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Students enrolled in all early childhood courses will also need to demonstrate evidence of the following prior to their work placement. Failure to produce evidence of this will mean the student is unable to commence or complete their mandatory work placement and therefore, unable to complete their course:
- Working With Children Check or Blue Card
- Health checks (where required by the childcare centre)
- Immunisation records are up to date
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the required training and the assessment requirements
- Have you studied a related course? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Are you currently working in a related industry? Apply for Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
"I would thoroughly recommend Australian College to anyone who wants to learn something new, or add to the knowledge base they may already have on a particular subject.
There is a multitude of different courses to choose from that could take the individual in whatever direction they would like to take - be it for increased work opportunities or simply to stimulate the mind.
My thanks for helping me to open up a new direction in my life."
Begin your Early Education career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free