9am - 5pm AEST
Your fitness career as a Personal Trainer starts here!
Study fitness online! This SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness course will teach you how to design, deliver, assess and evaluate a variety of individualised exercise programs, including older adults. The course will also teach you how to incorporate a diverse range of personal training equipment, how to train clients in various environments (indoor/outdoor), and design training programs for specific populations e.g. functional training.
This exciting course is brand new, having been only recently approved for delivery. It is filled with the most up-to-date learning content and is overflowing with practical information, based around the current industry endorsed units.
You will also gain access and learn about the latest, cutting edge research on how to best deliver lifestyle planning and behaviour modification strategies. You will also learn the fundamentals of operating and marketing a personal training studio and how to help motivate your clients to accomplish their fitness goals.
The AC Personal Trainer Course has been developed to promote a high level of skill and will prepare you to work in any personal training setting with confidence. The course materials have been carefully prepared in consultation with industry professionals and subject matter experts, and is delivered by the most sought after and experienced fitness educationalists in Australia (check out our academic faculty). The Australian College SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness is be completed online* via our unique online learning portal CREATINE 2. This portal is accessible 24/7.
Hardcopies of the learning materials can be provided for an additional cost. Contact us during business hours in 1300 783 383 for more details.
*All students will undertake online learning and assessment activities, as well as a range of practical asssessments. These practical assessment activities must be observed by an Australian College Assessor, either in the student's own workplace or simulated workplace environment. Full details and instructions will be provided.
Australian College graduates of this course may apply for registration as a Personal Trainer, with the AusActive (formerly Fitness Australia) and also gain international recognition. Becoming a Registered Exercise Professional (REP) with AusActive provides assurance and confidence to fitness clients, employers and health professionals that as an REP you are qualified, recognised and have the knowledge, skills and competence to to operate within the Australian Fitness Industry.
- Personal Trainer
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 23 x $100.00 weekly = $2,600.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
This qualification is comprised of 18 units of competency, spanning 3 broad learning areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology (5 units)
- Working in the Industry (5 units)
- Exercise Prescription (10 units)*
- You will also have access to the: Online Fitness Centre (OFC) and an online simulated workplace, developed for the purpose of assessment.
During your course you will complete a combination of knowledge-based (theory) learning and assessment, practical demonstrations, case-studies and role-plays.
*HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is not delivered by Australian College.You will need to undertake the First Aid course externally, in your local area. You must submit an authenticated copy of your current First Aid and CPR certification to Australian College, before you commence.
To enrol in this course, you must hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate. You must also provide evidence that you have previously attained the following units of competency, or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT040 Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 Provide healthy eating information
Australian College requires that you:
- Be competent in spoken and written English
- Successfully complete an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) review, prior to commencment
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Have an internet-enabled PC/Laptop or similar running a current operating system (E.g Windows 10 or Mac OSX) with a functional webcam for use while undertaking assessments, Microsoft Office (or compatible software)a current web browser (e.g., Chrome)and Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF document viewer
- Have a functional webcam or other device for recording and uploading audio-video of your role-plays and other practical activities
- Be prepared to review additional reading materials and online textbooks that are provided throughout the course.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Successfully complete the required training and assessments for all units, to attain the SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness qualification.
- A Statement of Attainment will be issued if you complete one or more of the course units, but do not complete all units required for the full qualification.
- Have you studied a related course? Are you currently working as a personal trainer or related role? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and potentially reduce your course duration.
“Well established program and friendly staff. Classes were fun and interactive, really got into it."
"I really enjoyed the practical components. Working with people for the practical was a good experience."
Begin your Fitness career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free