Your fitness career as a Personal Trainer starts here!
Expand your knowledge of Personal Training by completing a Certificate IV and gaining a deeper understanding of the science behind fitness and training principles. Certificate IV also gives you the knowledge and skillset to become a personal trainer or run your own business. The course will teach you how to incorporate a diverse range of personal training equipment, train clients in various environments (indoor/outdoor), and design training programs for specific populations e.g. functional training
In this course you will learn to:
- Work in a team
- Work within current legal and ethical frameworks
- Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs
- Ensure the health and safety of clients
- Support healthy eating and exercise behaviour
- Use exercise science principles in your fitness instruction
- Establish and maintain professional business practice
You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area (at additional cost) and submit a copy of your certification to the College.
At Australian College, we offer a comprehensive online learning experience. You can complete your course in your own time and at your own pace.
Australian College graduates of this course may apply for registration as a Personal Trainer, with the AusActive (formerly Fitness Australia).
Becoming a Registered Exercise Professional (REP) with AusActive provides assurance and confidence to fitness clients, employers and health professionals.
- Personal Trainer
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 23 x $100.00 weekly = $2,600.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
To enrol in this course, you must hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate. You must also provide evidence that you have previously attained the following units of competency, or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT040 Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 Provide healthy eating information
Australian College requires that you:
- Be competent in spoken and written English
- Successfully complete an online Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) review, prior to commencment
- Be at least 16 years of age*
- Have an internet-enabled PC/Laptop or similar running a current operating system (E.g Windows 10 or Mac OSX) with a functional webcam for use while undertaking assessments, Microsoft Office (or compatible software)a current web browser (e.g., Chrome)and Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF document viewer
- Have a functional webcam or other device for recording and uploading audio-video of your role-plays and other practical activities
- Be prepared to review additional reading materials and online textbooks that are provided throughout the course.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Successfully complete the required training and assessments for all units, to attain the SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness qualification.
- A Statement of Attainment will be issued if you complete one or more of the course units, but do not complete all units required for the full qualification.
- Have you studied a related course? Are you currently working as a personal trainer or related role? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and potentially reduce your course duration.
“Well established program and friendly staff. Classes were fun and interactive, really got into it."
"I really enjoyed the practical components. Working with people for the practical was a good experience."
Begin your Fitness career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free