Your career as a gym instructor starts here.
Throughout this course, you’ll acquire the theoretical knowledge and practical skills needed to help people achieve their fitness goals, including conducting fitness assessments and designing and delivering exercise programs. In this newly released Certificate III in Fitness course, you will learn how to screen and assess a client's fitness using a variety of well-established assessment protocols. You will also learn how to develop effective exercise programs, using an evidence-based knowledge model and how to teach and evaluate exercise safely.
Other key areas covered include:
- Working in a team
- Planning and Instructing group and gym-based exercise sessions
- How to complete pre-exercise screening, fitness assessments and service orientations
- Ensuring the health and safety of clients
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be qualified to be a gym instructor or group exercise instructor.
You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area (at additional cost) and submit a copy of your certification to the College.
At Australian College, we offer a comprehensive online learning experience. You can complete your course in your own time and at your own pace.
Australian College graduates of this course may apply for registration as a Gym Instructor with the AusActive (formerly Fitness Australia).
Becoming a Registered Exercise Professional (REP) with AusActive provides assurance and confidence to fitness clients, employers and health professionals.
- Gym Instructor
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 22 x $100.00 weekly = $2,300.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
**You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area and submit a copy of your certification to the College.
No formal entry requirements.
Australian College requires:
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Successful completion of an LLN review prior to commencement
- At least 16 years of age*
- Access to a PC/laptop or similar, email address, internet
- Access to a webcam or mobile device with the ability to produce MP4 or MOV video files and that has compression software
- Additional reading materials and required textbooks may be used throughout the course.
- Access to a fitness mentor, who holds a Certificate IV in Fitness or higher, with a minimum 5 years experience in the industry and who is prepared to guide and supervise your work. This mentor can be either in-person or remote.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Successfully attainment of this qualification provides a direct pathway towards a SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness, which will enable you to become a registered Personal Trainer
- Have you studied a related course? You may be able to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
"I'm pleased I chose Australian College to complete this course and I'm looking forward to completing my Certificate IV in Fitness with them too.
The Creatine system was great, Andrew provided detailed responses in a quick response time. Jaye was great, I had plenty of questions for her throughout the course which she always helped me with. I was impressed by how fast a question would be answered.
I liked the practical sessions as these put into practice all the theory I learnt."
Begin your Fitness career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free