This qualification reflects the job roles of workers in the accounting industry, including BAS Agents and contract bookkeepers; and of those employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries. It includes preparing and lodging business and instalment activity statements, and providing advice or dealing with the Commissioner on behalf of a taxpayer in relation to activity statements. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously, and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities. Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service for a fee or other reward must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
Australian College subscribes to the Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) and the Australian Bookkeepers Association (ABA) on behalf of its students to provide access to a range of special benefits, including but not limited to:
- Industry and specialist resources
- Industry and expert support via the members only 'Helpline'
- Supervised workplace hours to fulfil the Tax Practitioners Board Requirements for BAS Agent Registration and other assessment requirements of the training package.
- Access to Professional Development (PD)
- Up to date industry information and requirements
We offer competitive rates to upskill your employees.
- A combination of short answer questions and some extended responses
- Written tasks/written essay
- Scenario-based case study questions
- Practical workplace projects with product or software, documents or diagrams
Students get access to the Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) and the Australian Bookkeepers Association (ABA).
Your ABN complimentary 3-months of the minimum 12 month subscription gives you access to the online resource centre that will save you time, will provide you with the help, support and information that you need, when you need it, so that you can make the right decisions.
Your ABA complimentary 3-months subscription is included with your ABN membership and gives you recognition as a member of a professional association with relevant government bodies.
- Accounting Assistant
- BAS Service Provider
- Payroll Manager
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 29 x $100.00 weekly = $3,200.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
**Unit required for the FNSSS00004 BAS Agent Registration Skill Set.
The Tax Agent Services Act 2009 prescribes through the Regulations that to be eligible for registration as a BAS Agent or Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board, that at least 40% of the course must be completed under independent supervision. The strategic alliance that Australian College has in place with the Australian Bookkeepers Network (ABN) and the Australian Bookkeepers Association (ABA) supports our students to achieve this requirement.
No formal entry requirements.
Australian College requires:
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Successful completion of an LLN review prior to commencement
- At least 16 years of age*
- Access to a PC/laptop or similar, email address, internet
- Additional reading materials and required textbooks may be used throughout the course
- Access to an accounting or bookkeeping workplace for workplace training.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the required training and the assessment requirements
- Have you studied a related course? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Are you currently working in a related industry? Apply for Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
"During the course I was working full-time and even had a baby! I would recommend the college to anyone who needs to study at their own pace, not the at the pace of the college!"
Begin your Finance career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free