9am - 5pm AEST
Your career as a gym instructor starts here.
Study fitness online! In this SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness course, you will learn how to screen and assess a client's fitness using a variety of well-established assessment protocols. You will also learn how to develop effective exercise programs, using an evidence based knowledge model and how to teach and evaluate exercise safely.
You will also gain a thorough understanding of exercise science principles, including concepts of anatomy and exercise physiology and the main theories behind healthy eating for a variety of populations and how to deliver safe and effective exercise to older populations.
The AC Gym Instructor Course has been developed to promote a high level of skill and will prepare you to work on the gym/studio floor with confidence. This course has been developed by the most sought after and experienced fitness educationalists in Australia (check out our academic faculty). The AC SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness can be completed online* via our unique online learning portal CREATINE, which includes our online fitness centre - open 24/7.
*All students will complete Practical Workshops and Assessment 1
You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area (additional cost) and submit a copy of your certification to the College.
AC graduates may apply for registration and insurance with the Fitness Australia Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Gym Instructor and also gain International recognition. Fitness Australia’s REPs provides assurance and confidence to consumers, employers and health professionals that all registered exercise professionals are qualified and have the knowledge, skills and competence to perform specific roles.
- Gym Instructor
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 22 x $100.00 weekly = $2,500.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
For this course you have 3 modules and 1 first aid unit (16 units of competency in total), to complete:
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 units)
- Working in the Industry (5 units)
- Exercise Prescription (6 units)*
- Provide first aid*
You will also have access to the: Online Fitness Centre (OFC).
During your course you will complete Practical Workshops and Assessment 1 and you will also complete or will have completed already a *Provide First Aid course (usually a 1 day course with some online study).
**You will need to undertake the first aid course unit externally, in your area and submit a copy of your certification to the College.
* = Units which can be credit transferred to the AC Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215)
No formal entry requirements.
Australian College requires:
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Successful completion of an LLN review prior to commencement
- At least 16 years of age*
- Access to a PC/laptop or similar, email address, internet
- Access to a mobile device with the ability to produce MP4 or MOV video files and that has compression software
- Additional reading materials and required textbooks may be used throughout the course.
- Access to a fitness mentor, who holds a Certificate IV in Fitness or higher, with a minimum 5 years experience in the industry and who is prepared to guide and supervise your work. This mentor can be either in-person or remote.
*Students under 18 year of age will need to provide parent/guardian consent.
Overseas Students Policy
As deﬁned in the ESOS Act 2000, 'Overseas students' are not eligible to apply to enrol in this nationally recognised course, nor are they eligible for certiﬁcation. Please refer to the Enrolment Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the required training and the assessment requirements
- Have you studied a related course? Apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Are you currently working in a related industry? Apply for Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
"I'm pleased I chose Australian College to complete this course and I'm looking forward to completing my Certificate IV in Fitness with them too.
The Creatine system was great, Andrew provided detailed responses in a quick response time. Jaye was great, I had plenty of questions for her throughout the course which she always helped me with. I was impressed by how fast a question would be answered.
I liked the practical sessions as these put into practice all the theory I learnt."
"I really enjoyed the practical components. Working with people for the practical was a good experience."
Begin your Fitness career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free