If you are currently or intending to undertake some copyediting and proofreading in your job or you want to explore the idea of getting started as a freelance copy editor and proof reader, this course covers all the essential elements that you need for success.
This course introduces you to copyediting and proofreading and also covers the basic requirements for correcting and marking up of different writing pieces including journalism articles and novels.
Learn the publishing processes and the qualities needed to become a proof reader or copy editor and participate in practical real-life copyediting and proofreading activities.
The course would suit people requiring the skills for their own business, existing employed position or home interest:
- Small Business Owner with advertising material, business and financial documents and/or Website content.
- Existing employed person writing and proofreading legal, business, financial or technical documents and/or website content, in their current position or future career progression.
- Earn an Extra Income working from home, correcting local business documents, university student theses, schools, council, churches, graphic design business, advertising and marketing. Anything and everything that goes to print.
- English as a 2nd Language working from home, correcting local business documents, university student theses, schools, council, churches, graphic design business, advertising and marketing. Anything and everything that goes to print.
- Professional Development assisting family and friends with essays and projects in school and tertiary education. Volunteer work e.g. local charity, school new letters, brochures.
- Online Employment if you are travelling a lot with a partner or husband/wife for their work. Allowing you to work on the move, maintain an interest and earn some extra money.
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 20 x $100.00 Weekly = $2,300.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
Unit 1 - Foundations of Copyediting
Reading 1 - Introduction to Copyediting and Proofreading
Reading 2 - Copyediting Marks
Reading 3 - The Role of the Copyeditor
Unit 2 - Foundations of Proofreading
Reading 1 - Proofreading Marks
Reading 2 - The Role of the Proofreader
Unit 3 - Copyediting and Proofreading as a Business
Reading 1 - Working as a Copyeditor/Proofreader
Reading 2 - Establishing Yourself as a Freelancer
- Access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
- A good command of written English
- Ability to allocate appropriate study hours per week
If you have these essential requirements, then you can get started immediately.
"The Australian College tutors were very helpful and inspiring. Coming from various backgrounds, they offered industry relevant information, trends, and ideas 'outside the box' at a level of which I would otherwise not have had access.
They helped me to focus on the individual topics through the assignments and extract the most out of the course, making it directly relevant to the industry."
Begin your Journalism career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free