It is highly recommended that students wishing to apply to enrol in the Advanced Editing and Publishing course, complete the Professional Editing and Publishing course first.
While it is not a prerequisite, it is felt that the knowledge gained will make completion of the advanced course much easier.
Students who do have significant experience with editing and publishing, especially proofreading, and are interested in completing this course, should contact the education team.
This course has been developed against the Australian Standards for Editing Practice. Some skills that you will learn include:
- Use your existing proofreading skills to correct tables and charts.
- Prepare images and text for compilation in a desktop published format and produce two-colour and four-colour multi-page documents.
- Learn copyediting practices, illustration, typography and design principles as they apply to a variety of contemporary publishing styles.
- Prepare a submission for a print job.
- Manage financial and scheduling associated with editing and publishing.
The skills learnt in this course will provide you the opportunity to work freelance, full-time or part-time in editing, copyediting or proofreading.
Payment Option 2 - $300.00 Deposit then 20 x $100.00 Weekly = $2,300.00*
Payment Option 3 - Completely customise your own payment plan here.
*20% off already applied. Promo Ends Soon!
Sign up to get your eVoucher. Your discount will be applied to the course fee upon receipt of your enrolment. T&Cs Apply.
Unit 1 - Enhancing Editing and Publishing Skills
Reading 1 - Apply Standard Australian
Reading 2 - Develop Knowledge of Typography, Illustrations and Design for Editing II
Reading 3 - Apply Principles of Word Usage in Written Communication, Proofread unformatted Text, Proofread formatted Text, Edit for Major Sectors of the Publishing Industry II
Reading 4 - Apply Principles of Grammar in Written Communication
Unit 2 - Introduction to Desktop Publishing for Editors
Reading 1 - Edit Text Electronically
Reading 2 - Apply Knowledge of Desktop
Reading 3 - Publish Documents from the Desktop
Unit 3 - Entering the Industry of Editing and Publishing
Reading 1 - Apply Knowledge of Print Processes for Editors and Publishers
Reading 2 - Manage Budgets and Schedules in Editing and Publishing
Reading 3 - Apply for Employment in the Publishing Industry I & II
- Access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
- A good command of written English
- Ability to allocate appropriate study hours per week
If you have these essential requirements, then you can get started immediately.
"I have completed distance, online learning with other institutions previously and I found Australian College to be one of the most professional, efficient and focused providers of distance learning that I have enrolled with. Thank you for your support."
Begin your Journalism career today
- Apply to enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free